Rat Du Jour

I promised to update you on a list of topics so here is our rat story.

This summer the rat population increased exponentially, to the point where one Shabbos I saw 16 hanging out all over our front yard. It was so disgusting. It was bad. The next day I ventured out to Lowes and purchased rat bait stations with poison secured inside. I met a woman at the store who was also purchasing bait stations so she could be out in her garden without having something fuzzy come running out of the bushes at her.

I put my bait stations out and waited, nothing. The next solution was to fill all those pesky holes the rats decided to next in. So, I got rock and gravel and filled up the holes. This seemed to have reduced the population but then we started to get our rat of the week.



Week#1

Does that look like a bait station? NO! Somehow this ended up under the plum tree and I got the honors of bagging it for posterity.









DSC01633.JPG

Week #2 we got this one, convulsing and dying in front of the door. We did the only nice thing and drowned it.

I got the honors of draining the water and bagging this one too. Yeah for me!

Then on Shabbos our landlady showed up to check the traps and found a dead squirrel under our plum tree. Since it was our day of rest I was only able to capture that picture in my brain.


Week #3
We went out to do errands and came home to a mysterious Wendy's soda under my tomato plant. Okay, weird. Then it started to smell. Dead smell. So, I tried to find the dead thing. The smell got worse. We have little garbage so Thursday I went to throw something in the can and found a Wendy's paper bag in our garbage with a dead rat. In order to come dump that rat there it takes effort. How rude, at least bag it like I did. So, again, I got the honors of bagging that one too, in order to avoid MAGGOTS!

Oh, but week #3 doesn't end there. I smell dead again and found one of the traps near my tomato plant had a dead rat in it. So, Mr. Peyos did me a favor and disposed of it.  I am sorry we don' t have pictures of those ones but this is becoming old.

As part of my morning prayers I am going to ask G-d to make this problem disappear. Until then, I will be having the rat of the week.

Whoever threw the Wendy's bag of rat in my can, CUT IT OUT!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kidical Mass: Central District Greenway/Visit Electric Lady

FREE Bike Kidical Mass/Picnic/Family Bike Expo

Oh Rainier! #DemandMore