My baby hates cars

We don't own a car and don't want one. Just because we have a baby doesn't mean that we have to buy one. On several occasions I have had to use a car because I am not approved to bike yet, blame the c-section. We needed stuff.  I feel pretty good and a week afterwards I was all pumped to get on the bike but I won't because I don't want to hurt myself and not know it.

Turns out it really freaks me out to put the baby in the car. For one, I am the only person who can drive in this family so when we borrow a Zipcar I am putting my little sweet baby behind me, not within instant viewing. I don't like to drive alone with him so I make people sit in the back to watch him. You think I never had a kid before the way I act.

Baby Peyos gets really fussy once he is put in the car seat. He could be stoned out of his mind after having a ton of nursing but NOOOOO, he knows he will be strapped down without a view of mommy (his food source and pillow).

I rather take the bus but with the better Seattle weather means the bus has become one big cloud of medicinal herbs. It stinks like sweat, fast food and pot. You don't believe me? Get on the bus and you will know exactly what I am talking about.
On the bus, no crying required

In our latest car adventure we used a Zipcar and that was a disaster. The baby cried on the way to take Mr. Peyos to work, he cried on the way to Mercer Island, he cried to take his sibling to the dentist. He finally stopped when I nursed him. FYI, his diaper was fine.

What does his crazy crying look like?
full crying mode

Babies, are cute and all but let's be realistic, they cry sometimes. In fact, the neighbor was convinced 
someone abandoned their baby because he swore he heard a baby cry for 30 minutes straight. It wasn't ours and no baby was crying for 30 minutes straight. Some people!

So now I am researching a walking option where I can push the baby and schlep stuff because I ain't biking with him any time soon.


In the meantime he does have his awake moments, including his epic battle with his arch nemesis, "The Blue Giraffe". He really does not like the giraffe and upon seeing him seemly tries to punch it. 

I am hoping that this week I get time to figure out this whole strolling option..ughh

Comments

  1. I hate cars too. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes. all 3 of my children hated the car. it did help to have folks in the back seat, but only for 10 minutes. until my oldest was 2.5 yrs we pretty much did not go anywhere in the car with him, the trauma was too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, cars/carseats are not made for babies. I don't know how people do stuff. I can't wait to get him on the bike where he would be happier

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kidical Mass: Central District Greenway/Visit Electric Lady

FREE Bike Kidical Mass/Picnic/Family Bike Expo

Oh Rainier! #DemandMore