Back on the bike

No pictures please

My six weeks of biking rest have come to an end. I was offically certified to bike again and the first ride back felt SO GOOD! It is amazing how much a persons mood can be modified by biking.
going uphill and lazy 
During the biking break I got to mope and watch everyone bike in the gorgeous weather. I have less pain in my incision and take my ibuprofen pill on occasion rather than every 6 hours. I never imagined having to leave the house so much with a newborn.We went to a record number of appointments, ughh.

When I came home from the hospital I didn't want visitors and my friends understood this. We kept in touch via text and the occasional phone call but they did not push themselves on me just to fulfill a need to see a little baby. A couple of weeks ago one of my friends came to visit me and it was exciting. We talked about nursing. You know, that is always not so intuitive and it takes some time for both mother and baby to get it down where mommy can just nurse in public with ease.

Not only that but I was put on a rigorous schedule of baby feeding which included nursing, pumping and getting someone to supplement with a bottle one ounce. Don't ask.  I had zero time to finish my graduate school stuff. In the end I finished one project and took an incomplete in another course.

As much as I want to bike it is hard to leave my baby at home with my husband, those two are getting used to each other. Baby Peyos is a complete clone of Mr. Peyos, no kidding! Our friends call him Fabio because of his luscious hair.

My first biking trip was very a very non-eventful trip to the grocery store. Well, at the rack was another Edgerunner. I tried to find the owner and when I did she was leaving the store in a hurry.


We have seen more cargo bikes in our slummy side of town. This area has had record number of drive by shooting so it is not the fancy part of town. Seeing cargo bikes is not typical and is pretty darn exciting when it happens.

This was at the Wednesday farmer's market in Columbia City. We have yet to meet these people.


In any case here is my load. I bought plants and beer so life is complete right! Baby Peyos is 2 months and 7 months from being "bikable". We have a whole baby bike countdown, sad but true.

I let him sleep on the bike pillow, that is how close he is getting to a bike these days.

Comments

  1. Congrats, that was probably a long 6 weeks. Fabio's gorgeous. Is that a tomato plant? So jealous. I miss my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes and I bought assorted other plants. Only one tomato plant survived but it looks good now growing in the container. 6 weeks is nothing compared to the 7 more months of not being able to bike with the baby.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kidical Mass: Central District Greenway/Visit Electric Lady

Tern Vektron: My first 300 miles

Cargo Bikes on Sound Transit: Not so fast