Sukkos by Bike

Aww, the chagim are over and we are just left with Chesvan, bummer. My last post was about murder and I did not even blog after that. Maybe you thought on my quest for cheese something happened. Well, I am here and survived the many meals we ate during Tishrei. Actually I made sure we ate lots of vegetables. Our guest were forced to eat a plethora of raw vegetables because they taste better that way and I am lazy. We had some interesting meals, many of them were just slapped together and eaten with raw vegetables. If you don't eat those things that grow from the earth you would have had a hard time at our house. My daughter finds kids who eat pure candy a mystery. Sure she likes candy and we let her have it but never in a way that she screams, "CANDY!!" She's just like that.

Hold on a moment! What did our sukkah look like? There you go, in all the glory of a typically Seattle Sukkos. Cold and burr. I heard about the heated sukkah someone had, including a sink!!


FYI: Those curtains were just for privacy. We had walls. In fact I was going to bike to Lowes and buy the 6 lattice panels we needed. I even asked my Facebook bike friends for advice. For one it was doable but I had the baby and he is cranky and that is life with a baby. So, Mr. Peyos got them. We were in charge of the tropical lights and the curtains. Those panels were borrowed from the now functioning mechizta gemach. Yes, it is a real thing.

Here is a daytime picture for you. You see the lattice behind the curtain. We could certainly fit more people in there which was nice. We had some holy guest sit in there with us. The baby came out in his snow suit at night because well babies like cozy right. I am sure everyone envied his coziness. 

I did have sukkah envy. Those crafty Lubavitchers had a sukkah bike! NO WAY! Okay, not big enough to put a table in but enough shake your lulav and etrog.


We wished we could have seen this live but alas we are in Seattle and nobody has taken it upon themselves to schlep that set-up around. Currently I am plotting a whole Chanukah ride with giant menorah. I might have a source.

I did shop by bike before the chagim and we bought lots of food for the many meals. The baby is bigger and we are so close to biking with him. We are conditioning him to love the bike but the again that's all he knows. Car, what car? He is long person, I wonder where he gets it from? Probably that HUGE guy I married. In fact, the daughter I love is now taller than my mother, oy! She has yet to reach my height. The other day I put him in the car seat for fun and he look squooshed. Less than 3 more months and we are all zoom zooming on the bike!!

I am guessing in the next months we will be out discussing our next plan for making him his place on his throne on the bike. I see helmet fitting in our next adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kidical Mass: Central District Greenway/Visit Electric Lady

FREE Bike Kidical Mass/Picnic/Family Bike Expo

Oh Rainier! #DemandMore