#Errandonnee 2015 with a baby

Looks gross!
Baby Peyos was racking up the miles during this year's #Errandonnee challenge. On Monday he sat nicely for many miles. Okay so they weren't all at once but little errands. The first errand was a quick hello to the mythical Reb Roush. We have yet to meet so my goal is to meet her in real life. It has been one missed connection. Every time I manage to get myself over to where she is located she is either sick or on vacation! AWWWW!

The next errand required that my transit card get fixed. I loaded money on the card on March 1st and then when I decided to use it some days later it didn't even beep. Turns out the antenna was defective so we stood in line at the Metro office and waited nicely. Babies who just learned to walk LOVE standing in line. We stood for 15 minutes and my card got fixed.



The next errand required that we get from King Street station to Target off of 2nd/Pine. I had to find the beginning o the 2nd Ave. protected bike lane. This would be the first time for me using this lane since Sher Kung was killed by a selfish person paying more attention to their phone. I was nervous also because people driving have still managed to cause accidents. The path starts on 2nd and Yesler.


We spotted another G&O creation at the beginning parked. Everything was easy except for the people who thought the bike path was a nice social area before getting into their cars. Ok fine, I will yeild to you but seriously get out of the bike lane, it's not your private smoking spot.

Target was eventful and Baby Peyos enjoys sitting in the shopping cart. He mutilated my Passover shopping list because, not thinking, I handed it to him and he ate the paper goodness. I managed to recover the words so we could go shopping. Probably the most terrifying part of the bike ride was riding south on the protected bike lane. I don't trust people in their shiny gas machines. How do I know you will not plow into me and my kids. So, despite the dedicate light for anyone on a bike I was paranoid when going across the corner streets. Why does the one on Broadway feel safer?

We made it home in time for lunch.

We took a break because those miles wore me out. Having a baby on a bike is mental challenge. He needs lots of snacks and it requires lots of stops to accommodate my baby Cookie Monster.

The next miles came two days later when I told the older kid I would take her to coffee. She doesn't even drink coffee. This just means I drink coffee, she drinks a juice and Baby Peyos gets Mommy MOOLK. We managed to sneak in another errand for fill our Pesach list. Nobody handed paper to the little guy. Instead he was given a plethora of snacks.

Here are all my pictures as evidence. We managed to rack up 48.2 miles just in this challenge. I have a whole bunch of shopping trips I didn't calculate but not bad considering how hard it is to get out of the house with a baby

Errand #1: You carried WHAT?/Gift Basket deliveries, like his cow tights?


Errand#2: Wild Card/Hello @Reb Roush. Don't you feel special you have your own category?


 Errand#3: Non-Store Errand/Visit to Metro's main office to fix my Orca card. In the meanwhile, eat my errands list.



Errand#4: Store/Target Passover Shopping. Don't buy plastic folks because after a year in storage, EWWW.

Errand#5:Work/Library field trip. The bike was pretty loaded but let's add the weight of books.


Errand#6: Personal Care/Daughter needs Mommy time. Mommy time requires staring at LOTS of toys together



Errand#7: Social Call/Starbucks with kids. I'm just going to say, it was a quick trip and I don't understand what I drank. It was coffee with ice, that's it.


Errand#8: Store/More Passover Shopping. What else could we need?

Errand#9:Personal Care/Mommy Time. Can you see my braces tween right behind me?

Errand#10: Art/Touch all the art at the University of Washington Campus and draw some cherry trees. Oh and eat grass too, EWWW. We did not bike here completely, only very partially the rest was by bus.

Errand#11: Wild Card/Hello @Reb Roush When will we meet???

Errand#12: Personal Business/A not so complicated matter but a visit to exchange bags

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kidical Mass: Central District Greenway/Visit Electric Lady

FREE Bike Kidical Mass/Picnic/Family Bike Expo

Oh Rainier! #DemandMore